Friday, January 30, 2009
+ Duck Hunt *snicker
A game was released on January for the iPhone and iPod Touch and the game was called 'Duck Hunt'. Get this, in that game you hunt ducks (hence the name. *snicker). You control a dog that hunts ducks and you have to shoot at least three of them before they go off-screen. If you don't shoot at least three, then you lose and the dog makes fun of you (ha-ha).
It was sold for 99 cents and the Apple's App Store. But it was taken out because of the offending graphics and sounds and Nintendo requested on it being removed. The game was based on the original game that Nintendo created for their game systems, so...I guess that violated the copyright laws. Nevertheless, they are still remaking the game, putting in more appropriate graphics and sounds (of course) so people could enjoy it as the original Nintendo game, but just not the same thing.
Sounds a bit of a...fun...game. A bit obvious once you hear the name, but I bet it would make people a bit frustrated if they didn't get ANY ducks. (*snicker) I hope I'm not one of them. ;)
So for all of you who have iPhones or iPod Touches out there, get the game when it comes out! *thumbs up.
Cohen, Peter (2009, January 30). 'Duck Hunt' iPhone Game Pulled at Nintendo's Request. Retrieved January 30, 2009, from PCWorld Web site: http://www.pcworld.com/article/
158670/duck_hunt_iphone_game_pulled_at_nintendos_request.html
It was sold for 99 cents and the Apple's App Store. But it was taken out because of the offending graphics and sounds and Nintendo requested on it being removed. The game was based on the original game that Nintendo created for their game systems, so...I guess that violated the copyright laws. Nevertheless, they are still remaking the game, putting in more appropriate graphics and sounds (of course) so people could enjoy it as the original Nintendo game, but just not the same thing.
Sounds a bit of a...fun...game. A bit obvious once you hear the name, but I bet it would make people a bit frustrated if they didn't get ANY ducks. (*snicker) I hope I'm not one of them. ;)
So for all of you who have iPhones or iPod Touches out there, get the game when it comes out! *thumbs up.
Cohen, Peter (2009, January 30). 'Duck Hunt' iPhone Game Pulled at Nintendo's Request. Retrieved January 30, 2009, from PCWorld Web site: http://www.pcworld.com/article/
158670/duck_hunt_iphone_game_pulled_at_nintendos_request.html
Labels: Tech Class
*Leave me a Comment, Yeah?
7:51 PM
0 commented
7:51 PM
0 commented